About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Thursday, June 25, 2015

That's What Friends Are For

This summer I've been meeting with students during freshmen orientation to assist them with their schedules for the fall semester.  Since many freshmen live in the residence halls their first year, a common question I ask is where are they living on campus.  I love sharing my brief story about how my lifelong friendships at college began in Noehren Hall and this circle of friends grew until graduation.  
 
2 weeks ago my college girlfriends and I got together for Panther Reunion.  After graduating from UNI, we often got together for wedding showers, weddings and baby showers.  Wanting to continue getting together for years to come, we started Panther Reunions.  The inaugural year was 2006.  Since then, we have planned an annual reunion with a summer weekend of fun, food and a few beverages.  This year we rocked pink tee shirts and koozies with #Ginastrong on the sleeve in memory of our dear friend Gina.  Panther Reunion is always a good time and a great reminder to take a break from our busy lives and enjoy the company of friends.  Cheers to my Panther Sisters and many more Panther Reunions in the coming years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment