About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Hidden Treasures


The weekend of October 3rd, the Matthias family gathered to go through Grandma Matthias' possessions. This old farmhouse has many memories of family gatherings, so it was bittersweet to be there for the 1st time since Grandma's passing in August. Along with the sentimental memories, I also received some physical items that will always remind me of Grandma. Fortunately my cousin Lucas lives in the house and we plan to continue celebrating the Christmas holiday together. We know that our angels, Grandma and Carrie, will be celebrating with us.

Bailey, Olivia and Sydney entertain themselves while the adults work


No comments:

Post a Comment