About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Ready for 3rd Grade

Monday marked the first day of 3rd grade.  We've enjoyed our summer together, but both Bailey and I agreed that we were ready for school to start and the learning and daily routine to begin.  She's already been talking to some of the kids at the daycare who are older than her and have told her about all the homework she is going to get.  Last Thursday we were able to meet Bailey's teacher, Mrs. Olson, at Van Allen's Open House.  My first impression was that it is going to be another great year.  Mrs. Olson has already sent a couple notes home explaning how she is really going to be working with the kids this year on personal responsibility.  That is music to this mother's ears.  Bailey continues to love reading chapter books.  Her favorite series is Katie Kazoo.  She has the same love/hate relationship with math that her mother did. Although the other day when I asked her what the best part of the day was, she said 'you're going to think I'm crazy Mom, but it was math'.  Yet another sign of a great start to the school year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment