About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

9th Grade Formal


Flashback to May 6, 2017

An annual tradition for the 9th grade class is to hold a 9th Grade Formal in the spring.  This is a way for the 9th graders to say goodbye to their middle school years and celebrate moving onto the high school. 

When we went shopping for Bailey's dress in February, she knew she wanted a red dress.  After trying on about 15 dresses at Hope's Bridal, we struck out.  We headed back to Cedar Rapids for some lunch and I suggested we check out Von Mauer in Lindale Mall.  We hit the jackpot.  She found her red dress!  In true Bailey fashion, she matched her dress with some red Converse shoes.  Classy with a little fun.

The magic fingers of Julie Lensing styled Bailey's hair for the big day.  The weather was a little cool, but comfortable enough to get some pictures on the UNI campus and Hearst Center for the Arts flower garden.  We had so much fun!

Bailey danced the night away and when she arrived home, she was on a high from how much fun she had.  What a great way to cap off a pretty successful 9th grade year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment