About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Sunday, October 28, 2018

This Is 9th Grade

Great Peeps At Peet
We moved to Cedar Falls in June 2017.  The new move meant a new school beginning in Fall 2017.  Bailey would spend 1 year at Peet Junior High as a 9th grader.  Throughout the year she would make new friends and have some awesome teachers in the classroom.  This was evident when her science teacher, Mrs. Schultz, sent all the students in the classroom positive messages one day.  Bailey's note said, "Loves the 90's so she is 'All that and a bag of chips'.  I have seen lots of growth in you this year.  Keep up the great work and tackle the world with confidence'.  Mr. B was her awesome band teacher.  His passion for teaching came through loud and clear as Bailey would share so many stories throughout the year of what Mr. B did in band that day.  The caliber of the concerts was amazing for a middle school band.  Mr. Wolfe, her art teacher, also challenged Bailey to go deeper with her art.  She worked throughout the year on a machine head and personal collage (below) which showed the many facets of Bailey Seegers.  Peet Junior High and her 9th grade year were a breath of fresh air.  Like Mrs. Schultz, I also saw Bailey come into her own again and make lots of growth over the year.

Self Collage

Machine Head

No comments:

Post a Comment