About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Ariana Grande Concert

A Night To Remember--Part II
Flashback to March 16, 2017
For my Sweet 16 gift to Bailey, I took her to see one of her favorite people in concert, Ariana Grande, or as she likes to call her...QUEEENNN!  When I found out Ariana was performing in Minneapolis and it was the same week we both were on Spring Break, I felt the stars were definitely aligning for us.  How lucky were we that just 2 days earlier we would be at the Panic at the Disco concert in Des Moines?!?  Following the P!ATD concert, I kept telling Bailey that Ariana's concert had a lot to live up to.  But she definitely delivered.  The energy from this concert definitely matched P!ATD's 2 nights earlier. 

Before the concert we stopped at our favorite place in Minneapolis to visit, Mall of America.  While at MOA, we got to see Little Mix perform a couple songs just hours before they would open for Ariana.  The energy from this short concert built us up to the big event just a couple hours later.  The entire day was pretty surreal.  Bailey has loved Ari since her Nickelodean days on Victorious.  To see how much joy she had the entire day made my heart so happy.

One of the highlights from the concert was during the performance of 'Greedy'.  At one point in the song, a confetti cannon shot out dollar bills.  One came floating down to Bailey and when she grabbed it, we saw that it had Ariana's face on it.  Bailey put her "stamp of approval" on the bill with a kiss and this bill is now framed and sits by her bed as a wonderful reminder of such a special concert.  Ariana's encore to 'Dangerous Woman' capped off the concert perfectly.  Bailey's Queen had delivered.

The Bicycle Song
 
Greedy



The Encore--Dangerous Woman
(Listen for Bailey's QUEENNN at the end)

No comments:

Post a Comment