About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Panic At The Disco Concert

A Night To Remember Forever
Flashback to March 14, 2017
For Bailey's 16th birthday, her Aunt Hope gave her tickets to see Panic at the Disco at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines.  She surprised Bailey early with this gift while we were at Cedar Creek Retreat House in Winterset, IA.  Hope had told me about the tickets in advance.  I knew Bailey would love them, but I had no idea how overwhelmed she would be when she received the tickets.  We all cried (we're Seegers women, it's what we do).  Bailey and I had listened to P!ATD's CD, Death of a Bachelor, many times in the weeks leading up to the concert.  To put it simply, the concert was EPIC!  From the opening act of Saint Motel to the encore, it was the best concert I've ever been to.  The energy throughout P!ATD's concert was amazing!  One of my favorite songs on the CD is Halleluia and I loved the performance of that song, but the most moving parts of the concert for me were the sets for This is Gospel and Girls, Girls, Boys.  You got to see all sides of Brendan Urie throughout this concert and I have to admit that I am now a fan of P!ATD.  Bailey and I have shared so many special times together, but this was truly one I will always remember.  Fortunately Bailey captured a couple video clips from the concert on her phone so we can relive these moments.
Opening The Show

This Is Gospel

Bohemian Raphsody

No comments:

Post a Comment