About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Friday, November 23, 2018

Rest In Peace, Grandpa


Flashback to November 2017

On November 2, 2017, my Grandpa Seegers was called to his heavenly home.  Memories of our time together at Wings Park a couple months before came flooding back to me.  My aunt Holly had taken the initiative to organize a family picnic in the park.  Leaving the park that day, my heart was full of gratitude for the laughter throughout the day and love for my family.  Little did I know that this would be the first and last time that our family would gather together like this.  Although I didn't see grandpa often, when I did, his face would always light up which showed me how much he loved me.  The visitation and funeral was an overwhelming showing of family, friends and community and showed me how much our family is loved.  Again, my heart was full.  The Grandpa arrangement on the casket was a perfect display of my grandpa's love for the harvest and farming.   The picture of a farm displayed on top of his casket at the cemetery was also a beautiful way to show how much he loved the farm life.  Rest in Peace, Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment