About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Summer 2017

Summer 2017 Highlights
Flashback to Summer 2017

The Summer of 2017 was a pretty relaxed one.  After having so much fun in Minneapolis a couple months earlier, we ventured back up to our favorite hot spot, the Mall of America.  We hit our favorite stores, but also experienced some new attractions including Fly Over America and taking our picture with Spongebob in Nickelodean Universe.  On our drive up to Minneapolis, we stopped by Cabin Coffee in Albert Lea, Minnesota to check out the coffee shop my cousin Sarah and her husband Josh had opened.  Unfortunately they were not there, but we enjoyed some tasty drinks and now make this a regular stop on our trips up north.

A big highlight for the summer was Bailey receiving her intermediate driver's license.  Driving with an employee of the DMV reminded me of when I had to drive for my school permit.  It's nerve-wracking, but she did it.  The Jeep Liberty is now her car and she's enjoying the independence of driving herself around Cedar Falls.  Her first venture out on her own was a trip to Starbucks while I was in Kansas City with friends.  It was an interesting short trip which may have involved turning onto the wrong lane on a side road.

Like summers past, we found time for a couple movies including the next installment of the Pirates of the Carribean franchise and Captain Underpants.  A new member of the family joined the Wood household, Hercules.  He is the sweetest dog and a great addition to the family.

Reflecting on these summer highlights is a great reminder to take time, slow down and enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment