About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Remembering UNI

I know that I usually blog about the happenings of Bailey and my life, but today drew me to write a post about a reminiscent thought I always have this time of year...when I graduated from the University of Northern Iowa.  Today marks the last day of finals at Iowa Wesleyan so it's interesting to see how finals week in college hasn't changed much in 13 years.  Yes, this Monday will mark 13 years since I was awarded my bachelor's degree in public relations and communications.  When I hear the students I'm working with saying how they can't wait to be done with college, I have to tell them that there will be days you wish you were back in college (3 weeks of vacation days off for Christmas Break, rolling out of bed and going to class, sharing living space or walking next door to see your best friends).  My 4 1/2 years (yes, I was a 5th year senior when I graduated) at UNI are some of the most precious times of my life.  Fortunately my close-knit group of 15 friends still get together at least once a year for a Panther Reunion.  But no reunion can quite measure up to the good times in Noehren Hall and Jack's Manor, at PRSSA National Conventions and on The Hill.  This Panther alum will forever bleed purple and gold.  Go Cats!

1 comment: