About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas 2018


Another Christmas has come and gone.  While many people are stressed out and rushing around to check items off their to-do list, I decided to be in the moment this Christmas season and focus on the reason for the season: The birth of our Savior.  The presents, sweets and time together with family is just a bonus.  

My favorite part of the Christmas season is Christmas Eve.  When I was younger, it was the excitement of going to my Great Grandpa and Grandma Reinking's home to open a bag full of presents and then get home to see if Santa had come to the farm.  When Bailey was younger it was "playing Santa" and seeing the excitement on her face when she saw that sack of presents in front of the tree following the Christmas Eve church service.  But now my favorite part is the Christmas Eve service itself, with the traditional Christmas carols and singing Silent Night by candlelight.  This reminder of God's gift to us overwhelms me at times.  I still get those warm, fuzzy feelings I had when I was younger.

In continuing with being in the moment, Bailey and I spent Christmas Day together.  Bailey suggested opening our gifts on Christmas Day instead of Eve this year.  She created a beautiful canvas art Bailey Seegers original for me, along with a chalkboard for us to create our own original work of art.  My gifts to her were Ariana Grande perfume and a book about her favorite boy band, BTS.  Later that afternoon we went to see Mary Poppins Returns at Crossroads Theater.  The new Dreamloungers were an awesome way to relax and enjoy this great movie.  We capped off our day with facials and fresh faces.  It was a great day spent together.    



Our Seegers Family Christmas was held the weekend before Christmas.  Once again we met up at Maple Lanes Bowling Alley.  This time together is a special way to celebrate the holiday and have some friendly competition.  It may also be the Christmas Bailey will remember when she beat Grandpa Seegers in a game of bowling, and almost beat Uncle Heath, until the final frame.  Seeing how our family is growing up sparked some nostagia in me so I decided to create some Christmas collages of Christmases past.  We are one blessed family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive