About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Sophomore Year--Officially A High Schooler


Flashback to June 2018

Bailey's sophomore year was filled with new experiences.

One experience she enjoyed was driving herself to and from school.  Having received her driver's license in June, she now had the independence (and responsibility) to drive to and from school.  I have to admit that watching her drive off on the first day was hard, but I'm now enjoying my independence as well.  We will always remember those 10 years of car rides for drop-offs and pick-ups.

Prior to the start of school, she experienced marching band, band camp and playing in the Iowa State Fair.  Unfortunately it was not the best experience so she decided to pack up her clarinet for the last time.

Bailey also made many new friends over the year, growing closer to her friend, Halie.  She played wheelchair basketball for the first time and really enjoyed herself.  A valuable lesson was also learned for future playing...wear gloves to prevent blisters.

The fall play gave her the opportunity to meet new people and express her dramatic flair.  (Who's your Daddy?)  It was a great performance of serious drama and hilarious comedy.

Sophomore year was one of new experiences and lasting memories.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive