About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 1: The Caterpillars Arrived



For Bailey's birthday she received a butterfly kit from Hope and Geoff. The caterpillars needed to be ordered through the mail and finally 5 of them arrived in our mailbox on Saturday. They came in a cup with enough food at the bottom to feed them over the course of 7-10 days. One of the suggestions is to journal about the observations made as the caterpillars change to butterflies. Bailey has been journaling in her classroom since January so this was not a new concept for her. In fact she really enjoys it. And I enjoy reading them. We will be sharing the process of our caterpillars changing to butterflies over the next couple weeks through the eyes of a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment