About Me

My photo
I'm a single mother, never married. Professionally, I am an academic advisor at the University of Northern Iowa. Personally, I enjoy going places and doing things with my daughter, Bailey. I'm also a personal advocate for the March of Dimes.

Friday, May 29, 2009

They're Upside Down

Bailey was excited to look in on her caterpillars this morning and see 4 out of the 5 of them hanging upside down. Within 2-3 days they will begin forming their chrysalis and for the next 7-10 days they will be metamorphisizing into a beautiful butterfly. The company who provides this exciting experiment is Insect Lore. I've been just as excited as Bailey to watch the caterpillars as it's been so long since my elementary years that I'm not sure we got to witness this transformation. Bailey said both her kindergarten and 1st grade classes did this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment